Ahi Tuna Tartare with Deconstructed Yuzu Ponzu
- 2 eight oz Ahi tuna steaks
- 1 Serrano pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 tbs toasted sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
For PonzuJuice of one yuzu
- Juice of one sudachi
- 1 tbsp tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil 1 tbsp mirin
Finely chop tuna and place in mixing bowl
Add Serrano, sesame seeds, sesame oil, tamari and red pepper flakes. Gently stir until just combined. Let rest in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Shape tartar into a cylinder and place in middle of serving plate. With teaspoons, drizzle the yuzu, sudachi, sesame oil, and mirin around serving plate. Garnish with micro herbs such as wasabi or red mustard greens.
Serving suggestion. Serve with sushi rice, or rice crisps and flat breads.
Makes 4-6 servings