Ora King Salmon with Black Plum Marmalade
- 4 three oz portions Ora King Salmon Kosher Salt to taste
- Fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tbs canola oil
- 4 ripe black plums (or available variety) 1 small shallot diced fine
- Pinch of salt
- Juice and zest of one lemon
- Pinch of crushed red pepper 2 tbs mirin
Peal and dice plums into 1/4 inch pieces. Combine over low heat with shallot, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, red pepper and Mirin, and bring to a slow simmer for 12-15 minutes. Reserve and keep warm.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Preheat a non stick or well seasoned sauté pan to medium high heat. Coat bottom of pan with canola oil. Lightly sprinkle salmon with salt and pepper and sauté skin side down for 2-3 minutes. Turn over and continue to cook for 1 min. Place pan in preheated oven for an additional 3-5 minutes or until cooked medium rare. Remove from oven and let rest for one to two minutes. Place each portion in center of dinner plate and top with 1 tbsp of plum marmalade. Drizzle liquid from marmalade lightly around the plate and garnish.